Oversvømmelse hos Brainworx

Musikbranche og ophavsrettigheder, musikteori, artister, sange og videoer, butikker.
Nyt svar
Medlemsavatar
DUBTEMPLE
Forum Donator
Sted: DK/SE

Oversvømmelse hos Brainworx

Indlæg af DUBTEMPLE »

Det meste reddet ,.. men det hele har sejlet

Senest rettet af DUBTEMPLE fre 16. jul 2021 16:20, rettet i alt 3 gange.
/Dub

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Indlæg af Christoffer I. N. »

Træls.

Facebook posts kan jo iøvrigt embeddes, hvis det er.

Medlemsavatar
mediumaevum
Medlem

Indlæg af mediumaevum »

Jeg håber at folk nu vil undlade at gøre grin med Greta Thunberg og andre klimaaktivister, og istedet taget dem og klimaet seriøst.

Jeg tror desværre, at selv hvis det viste sig at vi har 50 år til at afværge et stort meteornedslag, og det vil kræve 25 års ekstra skatteopkrævninger fra hver borger på hele Jorden for at nå til et samlet internationalt samarbejdsprojekt om på den ene eller anden måde at afværge katastrofen - vil folk bare skændes og inden vi når at beslutte os for at gøre noget, vil meteoren have direkte kurs mod Jorden og ramme os inden vi kan nå at gøre noget.

- Fordi mennesker handler altid alt for sent, alt for dårligt og skændes om alting. Selv når det handler om egen overlevelse. Vi ser det jo så klart og tydeligt med Coronapandemien.
Senest rettet af mediumaevum fre 16. jul 2021 16:27, rettet i alt 1 gang.

Medlemsavatar
DUBTEMPLE
Forum Donator
Sted: DK/SE

Indlæg af DUBTEMPLE »

Christoffer I. N. skrev: fre 16. jul 2021 15:08 Træls.

Facebook posts kan jo iøvrigt embeddes, hvis det er.
Har nu prøvet :)
/Dub

Default avatar
Michael Østerz
Forum Donator
Sted: Lyngby RADIO

Indlæg af Michael Østerz »

Uha, prøvede noget lignende på JazzHouse i 2011. Meget lidt kunne reddes, og det som kunne, gav mig et fast renoveringsjob i 14 måneder, så held i uheld...

Problemet er netop som han beskriver, kloakvand med en blanding af alt det go'e 💩😷
Maximum bass - on ALL frequencies!

Medlemsavatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Indlæg af Christoffer I. N. »

Mail fra Dirk:

Thank You for Your Support!
THIS IS IT. Closing the Brainworx Flood Sale chapter with a huge THANK YOU.

While BX has officially informed all participating partners in private already, I would like to personally thank Eric Racy, who initiated this extra plugin sale. You have been a friend and awesome partner for years already! Then, a big personal thank you to all the brands who have supported BX by waiving their royalties for their plugins during this 48hr special sale, which took place Aug 17&18. Finally, a huge Thank You from me to everybody who helped by buying some BX or partner plugins during the 2 days. You really will help BX to rebuild the studio and equip a professional office space with your purchases, and I hope you enjoy your new tools and toys!

Plugin Alliance sold more than 10,000 plugins during the flood sale. The big majority of them were BX plugins, which shows just how serious many of our users, friends and fans were about 'helping BX'. PA also sold a ton of partner plugins during the campaign, and our partners above alone waived more than $100,000.00 in royalties! That is more than $100k for BX to get going again. Just wow. Add to that some substantial revenue from the BX sales, and I can credibly report that BX will be able to build a new studio and buy new office equipment from this sale. Amazing what a big, positive crowd can achieve in just 2 days!

The greatest news is that the flood sale generated additional revenue that neither BX nor the partners would have had if it wouldn't have been for the sale. So while BX is looking at a nice extra check that will definitely help going forward, I believe that our partners will not see a decline in Q3 revenue or 2021 revenue because of the sale. If things play out as I expect them to after glancing at the current sales data this would be a real win/win/win for BX, the partners and the customers (who grabbed some great plugins at great pricing).

Now... some news regarding the office building itself: I have said this before but I'll happily say it again. I privately own that building, which I rented out to BX for years. I will privately come up for the cost of the renovation of the building itself, and I will not use any of the partner royalties that were waived to benefit BX for that purpose. This one's on me. Since the current BX office building is not usable anymore, BX has given up more than 80% of the space and is currently looking into various options going forward. As a landlord I am not sure it's going to be possible to fix the current building in a time-frame that is workable for a fast-growing business like BX. It's weird to be the landlord for a building and the owner of the renting company, but that's what it is for now. Speaking of which: Instead of renting an office and studio again, like BX has always done in the past, (from me personally and (in earlier years) from external landlords) NOW may actually be time for BX to buy its own place for the first time ever... stay tuned please.

BX has just been offered a substantial loan from a local German bank to buy a corporate building at just 1.25% (one point two five!!!) interest rate, so buying something may actually be cheaper and more sustainable for the company than renting going forward, and more rewarding at the same time. BX CEO Winfried Schapitz and I are working on something that could be a-effin-mazing! After all, we have hired so many people in the last 2 years (including during Covid!) that we may not even fit everybody into the old building anymore once Covid restrictions will be lifted in Germany... and we couldn't even try that because of the damn virus.

Full disclosure to avoid 'rumors': BX will only use the waived partner royalties of the flood sale for the purpose that was announced (new studio and office equipment etc.), not to finance any real estate, of course.

Looking back, this was a REALLY tough 6-week sprint for all involved, and there is a TON of work ahead of our team and my family. But seeing how much worse other people in Germany and now in other countries have been hit by recent floods I can't help but think we are blessed not to have suffered more severe damage than we have... at least no personal injuries or even worse!

Last not least, we have really felt how you all came together as a community to help BX, which frankly felt and still feels amazing. You are the best customers and partners any company could wish for! I am sure BX will prepare an 'official' statement in the next few weeks, once we know the total details of the damage, the exact results of the sale after quarterly accountings etc. But for now I just wanted to reach out privately and say from the bottom of my heart:
THANK YOU ALL!
Dirk

Nyt svar