Björn Ulvaeus om bl.a. betalingen til sangskrivere i 2021

Musikbranche og ophavsrettigheder, musikteori, artister, sange og videoer, butikker.
Nyt svar
Medlemsavatar
tomcat
Forum Donator
Sted: Valby ved Kbh

Björn Ulvaeus om bl.a. betalingen til sangskrivere i 2021

Indlæg af tomcat »

Q _If songwriters are unable to make a real living from streaming, what’s going to happen if this problem is not fixed?

A _"Everyone is going to find out that more of the songwriters have turned to driving Ubers instead of songwriting. There will be a lot of do-it-yourself people. But people with long careers? Oh, that’s going to be very, very difficult in the current climate.

The top, elite layer, they will always make it, of course. But there was a layer underneath that used to be able to live from their songwriting, and sometimes would push their way up to the elite because they had the time to develop. Benny Andersson and I are prime examples of that. Before we wrote “Waterloo” and won the Eurovision Song Contest, we were in a rat race as well, running around, producing other people, writing songs for other people, sometimes touring in different constellations, just to pay the rent.

When the copyright money came pouring in after “Waterloo,” we said no to everything else. And we just sat down and decided to write from 9 to 5 every weekday. Some songs got finished in two months or two years, even. We would pick up a bridge from two years back that would suddenly fit into the song we were working on. That’s how we became, I think, good songwriters. And that’s what I want for more people, but they have to start off by being able to live off their songwriting."
Hele artiklen kan læses her
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/07/arts ... 4IP2NBy9A
MacBook Pro tidlig 2015, 13", Catalina. Logic 10.6.3
(samt min gamle, stabile G4/ 466MHz, OS 9.2.2 /LAP 4.81)

Medlemsavatar
Hald
Forum Donator
Sted: Vind / Holstebro

Indlæg af Hald »

Det er både sandt og uhyggelig, tak for at du delte det.
"Knobs? Where we're going, we don't need knobs!" - 14 år med ørene i Lydmaskinen -

Nyt svar