PMC OB1 speakers

Generel lydteknik og hardware, bl.a. mikrofoner, monitors, hardware synths og effekter.
franco143
Gearslæber
Gearslæber
Sted: Copenhagen

PMC OB1 speakers

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 11:26

Hello, Has anyone used PMC OB1 speakers for mastering or had experience with them in a studio environment? Im looking to buy my first pair of speakers solely for mastering work.
Thanks,
Ross
Brugeravatar
Holger
Audio Alchemist
Audio Alchemist
Sted: Fyn

Re: PMC OB1 speakers

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 12:01

PMC generally makes great speakers. I haven't heard the PMC OB1 specifically, though.
Brugeravatar
Joachip
Forum Superstar
Forum Superstar
Sted: Vesterbro

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 12:44

I was talking to www.lydbutikken.dk (at Frederiksberg Allé) about mastering speakers recently, and even though they don't have much experience with audio production (they're more of a typical hifi store), they did suggest that if I wanted a speaker demonstration, I could call them some days in advance, and they would hook up some of the PMC and Harbeth speakers that they thought would be good choices for this purpose.

They have a nice demo room, and I'm sure if you burn an audio CD with some music that you know, they'll be able to play that. They also have a good selection of LPs.
franco143
Gearslæber
Gearslæber

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 15:38

Holger skrev:PMC generally makes great speakers. I haven't heard the PMC OB1 specifically, though.

Thanks Holger. Yes they seem to straddle hifi and studio monitor which I think is good for mastering.
franco143
Gearslæber
Gearslæber

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 15:40

Joachip skrev:I was talking to http://www.lydbutikken.dk (at Frederiksberg Allé) about mastering speakers recently, and even though they don't have much experience with audio production (they're more of a typical hifi store), they did suggest that if I wanted a speaker demonstration, I could call them some days in advance, and they would hook up some of the PMC and Harbeth speakers that they thought would be good choices for this purpose.

They have a nice demo room, and I'm sure if you burn an audio CD with some music that you know, they'll be able to play that. They also have a good selection of LPs.

Thanks Joachip. I'll get in touch. The OB1 is an older model but I'm sure they'll have an equivalent. I'm also curious about Harbeth. Much appreciated.
Brugeravatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Indlæg Skrevet: 30. okt 2018, 16:09

I have their smallest active model, though discontinued now, the DB1S-A, with a K+H O800 sub. At the time of purchase I wasn't aware PMC made a matching sub.
I don't do mastering, and my room is definitely not fit for such critical tasks, but if I should upgrade I'd go for the TwoTwo8, and hopefully eliminate the need for a sub.
It has taken me a long time to learn the PMC's properly, but I've been really satisfied with them since day 1.
franco143
Gearslæber
Gearslæber

Indlæg Skrevet: 31. okt 2018, 11:39

Christoffer I. N. skrev:I have their smallest active model, though discontinued now, the DB1S-A, with a K+H O800 sub. At the time of purchase I wasn't aware PMC made a matching sub.
I don't do mastering, and my room is definitely not fit for such critical tasks, but if I should upgrade I'd go for the TwoTwo8, and hopefully eliminate the need for a sub.
It has taken me a long time to learn the PMC's properly, but I've been really satisfied with them since day 1.

Hi Christoffer, thanks for sharing your experience with PMC. I'm going to Lydbutilken today to listen to some pmc and harbeth models. Should be fun.
Good day.

Tilbage til "Andet Udstyr & Lydteknik"