terraenbatts

Bygning og akustik, lyddæmpning og -isolering, bass traps, monitorplacering, møbler.
Nyt svar
Default avatar
danh
Medlem

terraenbatts

Indlæg af danh »

Hello all,

I have made some wideband absorbers using Terraenbatts as described in a few places on this forum. They work well from a sound point of view but one problem:

They STINK

The toxic smell fills the room and has not got any better after a few weeks, has anyone else had this problem and when (if ever) does the smell go away?

thanks,

Medlemsavatar
Holger
Audio Alchemist
Sted: Fyn

Indlæg af Holger »

There should be no smell or gas from Rockwool, but perhaps they were stored incorrectly before you got them. Some places store them outside and they aren't sealed they could soak dirty water, cat piss, or whatever ;-)

http://www.lydmaskinen.dk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54345

Default avatar
danh
Medlem

Indlæg af danh »

thanks for the reply, no they seem to have been stored inside and smell fresh off the production line. The smell is chemical, possibly the binder / glue used to hold it all together. So I take your setup is fine?

Medlemsavatar
Holger
Audio Alchemist
Sted: Fyn

Indlæg af Holger »

I have tons of Rockwool in my new studio (up to 70 cm in depth or Terrænbatts) and there is absolutely no smell, but it's had time to adjust for roughly a month before I started using it.

I remember a faint odor in my last studio which lasted for slightly longer, but absolutely nothing I'd define as "stinking".

Medlemsavatar
Mike Runner
Medlem
Sted: Hedehusene

Indlæg af Mike Runner »

I have used a lot of Rockwool Terrænbatts in my studio as well... and yes, the first couple of days, there was a faint odor, but it is all gone.
.:: Mike ::.
www.mtpstudio.dk

Medlemsavatar
raoul
Medlem

Indlæg af raoul »

same here.

They start off smelling like fish but that disappears after a while in my experience :)

Medlemsavatar
jakobole
Forum Donator
Sted: København / Vanløse

Indlæg af jakobole »

Same here - I had to vent the studio well the first couple of weeks, but now it's completely odeur-free
Microsoft Certified MCSA

Nyt svar