terraenbatts

Bygning og akustik, lyddæmpning og -isolering, bass traps, monitorplacering, møbler.
danh
Groupie
Groupie

terraenbatts

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 09:38

Hello all,

I have made some wideband absorbers using Terraenbatts as described in a few places on this forum. They work well from a sound point of view but one problem:

They STINK

The toxic smell fills the room and has not got any better after a few weeks, has anyone else had this problem and when (if ever) does the smell go away?

thanks,
Brugeravatar
Holger
Audio Alchemist
Audio Alchemist
Sted: Fyn

Re: terraenbatts

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 10:04

There should be no smell or gas from Rockwool, but perhaps they were stored incorrectly before you got them. Some places store them outside and they aren't sealed they could soak dirty water, cat piss, or whatever ;-)

http://www.lydmaskinen.dk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54345
danh
Groupie
Groupie

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 10:25

thanks for the reply, no they seem to have been stored inside and smell fresh off the production line. The smell is chemical, possibly the binder / glue used to hold it all together. So I take your setup is fine?
Brugeravatar
Holger
Audio Alchemist
Audio Alchemist
Sted: Fyn

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 11:00

I have tons of Rockwool in my new studio (up to 70 cm in depth or Terrænbatts) and there is absolutely no smell, but it's had time to adjust for roughly a month before I started using it.

I remember a faint odor in my last studio which lasted for slightly longer, but absolutely nothing I'd define as "stinking".
Brugeravatar
Mike Runner
Executive Producer
Executive Producer
Sted: Hedehusene

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 12:38

I have used a lot of Rockwool Terrænbatts in my studio as well... and yes, the first couple of days, there was a faint odor, but it is all gone.
.:: Mike ::.
www.mtpstudio.dk
Brugeravatar
raoul
Forum Superstar
Forum Superstar
Sted: København

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 15:41

same here.

They start off smelling like fish but that disappears after a while in my experience :)
Brugeravatar
jakobole
Executive Producer
Executive Producer
Sted: København / Vanløse

Indlæg Skrevet: 15. jul 2015, 18:42

Same here - I had to vent the studio well the first couple of weeks, but now it's completely odeur-free
Microsoft Certified MCSA

Tilbage til "Studiebygning & Akustik"