Madrona Labs Sumu - Additive/Granular/Spectral(?) synth - Kommende

Mac & PC, lydkort, Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton Live og andet software.
Brugeravatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Lydmaskinist
Sted: Hørsholm

Madrona Labs Sumu - Additive/Granular/Spectral(?) synth - Kommende

Indlæg Skrevet: 23. dec 2017, 14:07

Ja, jeg ved godt det er meget tidligt. Men det kommer fra udvikleren selv, og når han sætter kvartal på, så må man vel kunne stole på det.
Her er hvad han skriver i mailen:

"There will be one more semi-modular Madrona Labs instrument before I set out for less-charted territory. “What about a Madrona Labs take on additive synthesis?” This was a question somebody asked me at least two years ago. Since then the idea has been drifting, gaining an ever-less-vague shape. Diagrams and prototypes have been made. It even has a name: Sumu. Think fog banks, murmurations, impressionist painting with sounds. Spring 2018."
Brugeravatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Lydmaskinist

Re: Madrona Labs Sumu - Additive synth - Forår 2018

Indlæg Skrevet: 21. aug 2018, 21:26

Heh heh... Foråret er vist gået nu..
Nu skriver han i en mail:

"With the plugin updates completed, I'm now working full-time on the next software instrument, Sumu. It's going to be the last plugin in the patcher-in-the-middle format that Madrona Labs introduced with Aalto way back in 2010. Granular synthesis, as implemented in Kaivo, lets you decompose a sound into vertical segments (grains) each capturing an instant of the whole sound. A sines plus noise decomposition, used in Sumu, is a complementary tool that does very much the opposite, tracking individual sine wave partials of a sound horizontally through time in what's called spectral analysis.

Working with spectral data in a patchable environment has long been limited to the users of more general-purpose tools like Kyma and Max/MSP. With Sumu I'm designing a fixed set of modules that work in harmony together to make spectral sculpting a breeze.

That's enough from me for now. I should get back to it. I hope this finds you with enough air, water, food and music. I can only help with the last one but I think it's damn important. Stay strong, look to that horizon and keep in touch."
Brugeravatar
Hougaard
Ass. tekniker
Ass. tekniker
Sted: Aarhus

Re: Madrona Labs Sumu - Additive/Granular/Spectral(?) synth - Kommende

Indlæg Skrevet: 22. aug 2018, 14:58

Det glæder jeg mig til.
Brugeravatar
Christoffer I. N.
Lydmaskinist
Lydmaskinist

Re: Madrona Labs Sumu - Additive/Granular/Spectral(?) synth - Kommende

Indlæg Skrevet: 6. okt 2018, 01:56

Ingen nyheder siden sidste post, udover at Sumu nu har sin egen produktside på deres ny-designede hjemmeside.
https://madronalabs.com/products/sumu

Tilbage til "Computer & Software"